|The Salsa Cycles Cowbell 2: Perfect for gravel grinding!|
The Salsa Cycles Cowbell 2, (There is also a Cowbell 3, which only differs in material. The "2" being a 7050 T76 alloy, and the "3" being a 6061 T6 alloy), is the newest drop bar from Salsa Cycles and is designed with gravel grinding and cyclo cross in mind.
|Shallow drop, minimal reach here.|
- Designed to allow a flat transition between handlebar and brake lever
- Top radius allows comfortable hand positions all the way across, while maintaining short reach
- 12-degree outward flare in the drops is great for gravel riding and ‘cross racing; same flare as previous Bell Lap
- 6061-T6 alloy (Cowbell 3- The Cowbell 2 is 7050 T76 alloy)
- 31.8 clamp only
- Widths: 38, 40, 42, 44, 46cm
- Width measured center-to-center at the lever position
- 76mm reach, 126mm drop (same as our PRM Bars)
- 120mm wide center section for mounting accessories
- Flattened indentation for cable routing
|Minimal flare is subtle, but effective.|
- Bead-blast Black finish
My short and dirty on these so far is that they should be a hit with gravel grinders and cross racers. Another great effort by Salsa Cycles!
The Cowbell 2 and 3 are currently available from Salsa Cycles through your local bike shop.
UPDATE: There has been some confusion over what the difference is between the Cowbell 2 and Cowbell 3. Here is an answer for that from Salsa Cycles............
Here is the skinny on our naming. This is new for the future and these are the first products coming under our new format.
1 = BEST (equate to product like Pro Moto Carbon bars and Pro Moto Ti stem)
2 = BETTER (equate to product such as aluminum Pro Moto bars)
3 = GOOD (equate to product formerly known as Moto Ace)
Each of these levels will be differentiated by features, materials and finish quality. All of our core components will come this way eventually. We will have 3 level of components in bars, stems and seat posts.
So there ya have it! Thanks for the comments and for reading Gravel Grinder News!